1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elly01's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Elly01, Aug 11, 2018 at 2:33 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elly01

Elly01 Helper
    Staff Member Helper

What is your IGN?:
    Elly01
    What is your timezone?:
    CST
    How long have you been a part of the community?:
    I have been apart of this community for only a little less than a month. I was on a call with one of the owners, Emmanuel, when he told me and my friend about this server and I instantly loved it.
    How many hours per day can you contribute towards your position?:
    I can contribute three hours days during the school days because of school and gymnastics but eight hours on the weekends.
    Why should you be chosen over other applicants? (What makes you stand out?):
    1. If you need me, I will be there. I'm always on my phone (I'm such a teenager) and if you Skype or discord chat me I will be able to respond quickly, unless I am at school or gymnastics. I may not be able to get on Minecraft, but I can text and either resolve the problem or get to a point were I can join the server and resolve the problem there.

2. Time management is my best friend. I have learned from a young age that when you learn the military phrase "15 minutes early is on time and on time is late" you become much more respected. I know that if someone asks me to do something that I really want to, but it's not that important, and something that I am not wanting to do, but needed to be done 10 minutes ago. I will do the thing that I don't want do first to get it done even through I don't want do it. Than I can enjoy the thing I want to do without having to worry about that I have to do something I don't wanna do.

3. Dedication, You give me a challenge I will complete it now matter how hard it is. I love getting challenges because if everything is so easy than it's no fun. Nothings done until it's 110% ready, doing the bear minimum isn't good enough. If you look at something you can tell that they didn't really care what they put on there. When they do the bear minimum!

4. If you do something wrong, I don't care who you are you deserve the same punishment as anyone else. There's to many people in this world that protects their friends because they don't wanna lose them. If you friend asks you to protect them once they know they did something wrong but gets mad when they get punished for it which is what they deserve at the beginning.

5. Natural leader, I have learned from gym how to be a leader without being bossy. I have been able to know when someone needs help even through sometimes they don't wanna ask because they don't wanna look venerable. Which is so not the case, people love to help or they wouldn't be a helper/mod/owner.

6. People can change, I don't like using things that happened years ago ruin things for them now. If people judged me for the weird stuff I did in 6th grade than I would have no friends. I am a completely different person than then and I agree others can change. People can be in the wrong group of people for a year but find some really good friends and they can completely change. I will be more alert but I won't allow them to do something because of it.

7.I love the feeling of helping people. When I help someone than a little bit later I see how much they have achieved because I took the time to help them, that makes my day. Helping someone makes them like the game they are playing and just helps them on the right foot. If you get told to build a house and you have never touched a power tool. Do you think you could build a house without help? If you got help could you?

8. I can pick something up really easily. If you give me writing instructions, tell me once, go on youtube/google, or I can ask for help by my other friends on Minecraft I can pretty much get anything done that you ask me to. Youtube is a magical place to get things done.

9. Patients is key! When someone is new to something it might take them a little longer to grasp that idea and thats ok, everyone has something that takes a little more time. On the other hand, for example with this application, I know that bugging other helpers/mods/owners won't do anything but make it worse for myself.​
    Do you have any previous experience moderating or leading a server?:
    I do have previous experience moderating and leading a server.

I met so many amazing people on a Minecraft server, cosmic pvp on Factions. The factions leader trusted me so much and made me the co-co-owner after only a week being in the faction. The faction leader ended up wanting to make a server and asked for my help building it. We built a faction server from the bottom up. We built the lobby/hub the shops, the pvp arena and anything else that you would see on that. We found and even programmed some plugins to make the server awesome. We had to change the plugins to fit what we want. The server was completely ready to be released to the public but the owner had some family problems that took him off of Minecraft.

I am also a moderator on YayMc currently. I have been staff on it for about three months and love every minute of it. From banning players to helping players build grinders on their sky block island. I also love being able to help make decisions (sometimes) for the community. I staff alongside Emmanuel on yay and would love to staff alongside him on jails too.​
    Have you received any punishments before, if so list the punishment & the reason.:
    The only punishments I have ever received were "welcome to the team" mutes from my fellow staff members on yaymc. Other than that I am clean, as of now.​
    Do you meet all of the helper requirements?:
    Yes
    Would you like us to know anything else about you?:
    I am a competitive gymnast so I do have gym after school pretty much everyday, BUT I am still able to be on Minecraft for at least 3 hours.

I have discord and Skype, which are on my phone too. I am able to receive messages on my phone and that allows me to quickly help someone that needs help. Unless I am at school, if I am at school or gym I will not be able to get on or help. The only thing I can do is text because my school has this weird thing that blocks off everyones data.​

2. Shavon

Shavon OG Staff Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Hello, My opinion on this is +1

Pros
    - You have a lot of experience with minecraft servers.
    - You can be very helpful. You can also be very dedicated.
    - Your application is pretty detailed.

Cons
    - A little more active in-game. I mean like I had to put something. And tbh not many of us are super active at this point.

Hopefully I'll be able to staff along beside you on both YayMC and JailsMC.
    Hope you have a good day and hope you're enjoying the server.
    ~Shavon

Emmanuel likes this.
  3. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Greetings.

Elly, your application is detailed, strong and precise. Your meaningful server experience on YayMC has definitely put your application favorable. You have shown you are dedicated, helpful and overall a good staff member. On that note, your application has been successful and you are now part of the JailsMC staff team. I hope you can help us to bring Jails into a better place that has previously. Thank you for applying and your application is accepted.

Many thanks.
    - Emmanuel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.