How to use crate keys in crafting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ItzKinglinPlayz, Dec 9, 2017.

1. ItzKinglinPlayz

You want yellow glass for your house, and the only way to get yellow dye is the /vote keys. You have 8 glass, and a key and you try to craft it. Unfortunately, it doesn't work because its plugin says it's not crafted. This guide will tell you 3 steps on how to dekey a crate key into a dye.

There is only one way to make this work, and this requires an anvil.

1. Have any key at Slot 1, and open the anvil
    2. Hover your mouse over the anvil's input and press 1
    3. Shift click the output

And there you go, your keys are no longer keys, they are now dyes.

ShinyBlaziken

P.S I have suggested to make crates keys craftable, whether it is the plugin default or set by the developer.

2. ItzDazePlayz

ItzDazePlayz Member

Great post but I don’t think crate keys should be craftable otherwise people would create heaps of crate keys and they would then lose there feeling of being a reward ie a vote crate key would loose its feeling of a reward when you vote and then people won’t vote thus meaning less people find out about the server thus in turn meaning a smaller community.

3. ItzKinglinPlayz

I forgot to change this post. I don't want to make it craftable, I want it to be used as a crafting ingredient. The method above allows you to make keys into dyes, and then used in glass or other dye crafting. And, this isn't a suggestion, this is sort of a guide on how to 'dekey' it

4. ItzDazePlayz

ItzDazePlayz Member

I see what you mean from another post of your. Thanks for clearing it up.