Colored chat (Ranked perk)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by iFiteGirls, Dec 1, 2017.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. iFiteGirls

iFiteGirls New Member

Your IGN:

iFiteGirls

Your suggestion:

I suggest that the server should add colored chat.
    This would add a simple command (/chatcolor) that allows the supporters of JailsMC to change the color of their chat.

I fell that this command should come with VIP and only give some colors, the colors will increase as you proceed in the donation ranks.
    The reason I believe it should be for the VIP rank is because this command does not give you an advantage. It's more of just a bonus for the supporters.

How would this improve JailsMC?:

I feel like this will increase the donations, the reason I say this is because there will be there will more perks to the ranks.

Other than this I don't feel it would improve the server much, it's just a nice little perk for the donators.​

2. ItzDazePlayz

ItzDazePlayz Member

Not that bad of an idea, I think this hasn't been added as it would make chat harder for staff/players to read.

3. iFiteGirls

iFiteGirls New Member

That's why I said a command so there is only one color they can use at a time. Although you do have a very good point.

Thanks for the response.

4. Mystail

Mystail New Member

I hate to break it to you, but I've been pledging this idea to Icy for a few months. Not to be rude but he's said he'll add it, and it is added. But for Developer+ I believe, so you can keep trying to get this accepted, but it's going to be tough.

5. EukalyptenHD

EukalyptenHD Active Member

In my opinion, I don't like this idea. I mean like yeah I do like it but the main reason to not add it is because it helps differentiate staff messages and player messages. If everyone's messages are coloured, it will be hard for players who are asking for help and they will miss the staff's message.

However, this could be solved by adding a feature where if a player asks for help then the staff can move the player to a one to one chat channel (more players can be added) to solve their problem and your messages in that channel will be bold and will stand out. I've actually suggested this idea before but got no reply from executive staff when I was still Helper.

Also, JailsMC is not interested in making money. If you want to donate then you can, if not then don't. No pressure, your donations goes to JailsMC being a better place and improving your gameplay.