Clearing up confusion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Braadley, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Braadley

Braadley New Member

I've seen many people confuse Macros for Scripting Bots etc.... If you have no idea about what I'm talking about I will explain it below!

Scripting/Botting:
    Typically, bots perform tasks that are both simple and structurally repetitive, at a much higher rate than would be possible for a human alone. Down below I've listed a video of somebody using one if you're still confused:

Now, after watching that, you'll see that guy was botting/scripting, basically making a program that he or another person has coded that makes him mine in a specific area without him being at his computer. Which is not allowed.

Macros:
    Macros are sequences of actions (such as keystrokes, mouse clicks, and delays) that can be played back to help with repetitive tasks. Basically meaning that it also automatically does things for you just like a script/bot, Macros that let you click more and or anything of that nature is not allowed. However, chat macros are allowed, for example, I have a macro that types in my handy welcome message "Welcome, if you need any help just ask! :)" It saves me time so I don't have to type that out 24/7 when a new player joins, chat macros are allowed, using chat macros to spam is not allowed.

Well, I'm hoping after reading this short forum post this will educate people on the difference between the two.

#1 Braadley, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. EukalyptenHD

EukalyptenHD Active Member

However, using chat macros to spam is not allowed.

3. FencerChris

FencerChris New Member

Good to know

• Winner Winner x 1